Credit Control & Collections:
- Minimize bad debt provision, & write off for China
- Handle annual credit review. Developing other associates in the region to assist in review process.
- Provide advice (and drive process improvement if necessary) to business teams by minimizing “Order-to-Cash” cycle time and bad debt losses, while supporting business goals and maintaining good customer relationships.
- Identify overdue (delinquent) accounts and contact customers regarding outstanding payments
- Work with Sales team and take appropriate actions to resolve delinquent payment situations
- Establish dunning timeline and send payment reminders when appropriate
- Prepare statements of account and send to customers periodically
- Handle customers' enquiries regarding invoicing and payments
- Prepare reports on the status of credit and collection activities to minimize outstanding debts
- Liaise with other departments to resolve disputes/outstanding cases.
- Alert Sales team on customers with long overdue invoices.
- Develop relationship with key customers.
- Proactive contact client to collect the payment smoothly before due
- Review the collection process improvement
- Monitor and review customers with exceeding credit limit and/or overdue invoices.
- Keep tracking of daily payments received, release on hold orders and inform Sales team to arrange shipment
- Alert Sales team for customers which are put credit hold due to overdue invoices or exceeding credit limit.
- Reconcile all the payments received
- Proactively identifies problems, opportunities or issues within the businesses they support and initiates appropriate reviews, information gathering, analyses, recommendations and changes.
- Undergraduate degree in finance/accounting/economics or related disciplines
- 2 – 3 years of experience in Credit Control & Collections
- MNC experience is preferred but not necessary
- Possesses good knowledge of credit & collections principles and concepts
- Analytical, detail-oriented and with good communication skills
- Well versed in PC knowledge including MS Office
- Possess English proficiency of CET-4
Additional Personal Specification:
- Open-minded, Patient, team player, good relationship building skills
- Positive attitude, responsible, detail-oriented, able to work independently
- Able to work under pressure
- Flexible, able to embrace change